business services

Business Services

We are able to provide all of the services you require to ensure your business complies with HMRC and legal requirements for record keeping.

Business Tax

Sole Traders and Partnerships

If you’re self-employed, you have to fill in a Self Assessment tax return every year. Each April HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will send you a letter telling you to complete a tax return or a paper return if you’ve sent in a paper tax return before.

You’ll be asked for details about profits from your business and other income that you’ll have to pay tax on - such as rental income. This is used to work out how much tax and National Insurance contributions you have to pay. You must provide the correct information and get it to HMRC on time.

You must keep records so that you can fill in your tax return fully and accurately. The more detailed records you keep, the easier it will be to answer any questions that HMRC may have.

Corporation Tax

Corporation tax is a tax on the taxable profits of limited companies and other organisations including clubs, societies, associations and other unincorporated bodies.

Taxable profits for Corporation Tax include:

If your company or organisation is based in the UK, you’ll have to pay Corporation Tax on all your taxable profits - wherever in the world those profits come from.

If your company isn’t based in the UK but operates in the UK - for example through an office or branch (known to HMRC as a ‘permanent establishment’) - you’ll only have to pay Corporation Tax on any taxable profits arising from your UK activities.

As part of our service to your business we will ensure that your tax is calculated correctly and all relevant tax returns are completed and submitted to HMRC by the relevant deadline.  We will also review your tax liabilities on a regular basis and advise of any tax planning measures that are relevant to you and your business